The 22nd Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference
The 22nd Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference being held in Portland, Oregon from June 18-20, 2018. The theme of this year’s conference will be around Product Innovation Using Greener Chemistries.
On Tuesday, June 19th from 4:35-6:35 p.m the Green Chemistry & Engineering Product Showcase will be held at the Portland Downtown Hilton. Participants will have the opportunity to highlight a product and the innovative, sustainable science behind it in front of the Conference’s highly engaged audience. The event is part of the popular and well-attended GC&E Poster Reception. Table space for display of the product will be provided, as well as space to hang a poster.
To participate, please submit an abstract (see details below) by February 12th. Abstracts will be reviewed and acceptances will be issued by early April. If you decide to attend the conference, normal registration fees will apply, but if you are only coming to present at the Product Showcase a special $100 registration option will be made available.
Background information about the conference: This June over 500 scientists, engineers and leaders from industry, academia and government will be gathering in Portland, Oregon for the 22nd Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference, June 18-20, 2018. The American Chemical Society’s Green Chemistry Institute® aims to catalyze and enable the implementation of green chemistry and engineering throughout the global chemical enterprise. As the longest running Green Chemistry & Engineering conference in the United States, GC&E invites scientists, decision-makers, students, and advocates to come together, compare findings, and discuss the science of the future.
The theme of this year’s conference will be around Product Innovation Using Greener Chemistries.
Link to register: https://abstracts.acs.org
- You do not to be an ACS Member to submit an abstract, but you will be asked to login with your ACS ID. Instructions to create one, if you don’t have one, are on the page.
- Once logged in, select “22nd Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference” under Specialty Conferences, then click on the Submission tab to “Create New Submission” to get started.
- Enter your abstract title and in the body please include a description with these three elements:
- Describe how the principles of green chemistry & engineering were used in the creation of the product
- How does the product improve the health, safety and/or environmental impact compared to existing products?
- What are the scientific or process innovations that went into this product?
- Upload a picture of your product if possible. If not, please include a link in the abstract body.
- On the next page, please select “poster only” for your presentation type and “Green Chemistry & Engineering Product Showcase” for your Symposium.
- If you have any questions completing the form, or otherwise, please email Christiana Briddell or call 202-872-6103.